We played at St. Thomas Aquantis HS in Lauderdale, home of one of the great HS sports programs in the country.
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Monday, September 23, 2019
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
(MIAMI GARDENS, Fla.) – The Thomas More University football team defeated St. Thomas University, 38-14, today at Monsignor Edwards Pace High School in Miami Gardens, Florida.
- Thomas More took a 7-0 lead with 7:30 to play in the quarter when junior running back Dillion Powell (Independence, Ky./Simon Kenton) scored a six-yard run and sophomore place kicker Alexander Haley (Lebanon, Ohio/Lebanon) added the point-after-attempt.
- Sophomore safety Ky Jones (Chicago, Ill./Ravenna) returned an interception 91 yards for a touchdown and Haley added the PAT with 43-seconds to play to extend the lead to 14-0.
- With 7:08 to play in quarter, senior quarterback Justin Post (Macedonia, Ohio/Nordonia) connected on a four-yard touchdown pass to senior wide receiver Mitchell Hogue (Harrison, Ohio/Harrison) and Haley added the PAT to make the score 21-0.
- Haley made a 19-yard field goal as time expired in the quarter to increase the Saints' lead to 24-0 at halftime.
- St. Thomas cut the lead to 24-7 when Robert Armes scored on a 12-yard touchdown run and Braden Dick added the PAT with 10:32 to play in the quarter.
- Junior running back Monalo Caldwell (Cincinnati, Ohio/Colerain) scored on a four-yard run and Haley added the PAT and the Saints increased the lead to 31-7 with 6:43 to play in the quarter.
- The Bobcats made the score 31-14 with 7:20 to play in the game when D'Amaunte Oliver connected on a five-yard touchdown pass to Jordan Sepulveda and Billy McConnell added the PAT.
- The Saints increased the lead to 38-14 with 3:15 to play in the game as Caldwell scored on a one-yard run and Haley added the PAT.
- Thomas More improves to 1-1 on the season, while St. Thomas falls to 0-1.
- The Saints out-gained the Bobcats 295 yards (186 rushing/109 passing) to 282 yards (81 rushing/201 passing).
- Post was 10-of-21 passing for 109 yards and a touchdown.
- Caldwell finished the game with 23 carries for 138 yards and two touchdowns.
- Junior running back Justin Durham (Elsmere, Ky./Lloyd Memorial) carried the ball nine times for 37 yards.
- Senior wide receiver Mitchel Hogue (Harrison, Ohio/Harrison) led the receiving corps with six catches for 73 yards and one touchdown.
- Junior linebacker Ryan Stofko (Cincinnati, Ohio/Moeller) had nine tackles (six solo/three assisted) for the Saints.
- Sophomore linebacker Peyton Van Horn (Hebron, Ky./Conner) had eight tackles (four solo/four assisted), including a half sack.
- Jones had five tackles (three solo/two assisted) and had the interception returned for a touchdown.
- Thomas More returns to the field next Saturday (September 14) when it hosts Mid-South Bluegrass Division foe Cumberland (Tenn.) University.
- Kick-off is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. at BB&T Field in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.