Monday, June 10, 2019

A Short Note about my Posts...

Except for an occasional music or play review, or some photos from a family function, most of the posts over the last year or so are about football, specifically coaching football. I had planned on last fall to be my last season, and I kept an unorganized diary, as well as many pictures, from the 2018 Thomas More season. I had planned to use the structure of the season to be the frame story of my long talked about coaching book. But...
My friend Dave Armstrong took the president position at St. Thomas University in Miami, Florida. One of the attractions, besides many, to Dave about the job was St. Thomas was a good sports school that has never had football. Starting a football program immediately gave the college a spike in enrollment tat it needed, and also got Dave to put together a very good coaching staff in a part of the country loaded with talented but very few if any small schools playing football. I was talked to come down and joined the coaching staff and the faculty in January 2019.
So my coaching book's title has gone from something like "Last Seasons," to "Last and First Seasons." A lot of the notes I post on this blog are to make me remember things when I go back later to write about them. For the few of you who read this blog regularly I hope you can decipher some of what I'm talking about.
Out first season ever kicks off September 7 in Miami against, of all schools, Thomas More University. Will that be a special occasion or what? Check out more about St. Thomas Football at STU.EDU and click on athletics.

These are the first 25 football players ever at St. Thomas University. Most of these young men transferred in at the start of the second semester 2018/19. Some played at other schools last fall, most had not played for a year since high school.

No comments: